- R World is calling! Yamaha introduces the new 2019 YZF-R3, boasting next-generation R-series styling and updated handling to bring it more in line with its supersport stablemates.
- Whether you’re tackling crosstown traffic or a twisty road, the R3 is perfect for new riders who want a sporty machine that’s also rider-friendly.
- Powering the R3 is a 320 cc, DOHC, parallel twin featuring a 4-valve cylinder head, 32 mm throttle body fuel injection and 6-speed transmission.
- Dig a bit deeper and you will find many of the high tech features found in our R6 power plant inside this engine too.
- Highway speeds are easily obtainable making the R3 a very versatile machine.
- The R3 has been designed to provide a fun, enjoyable riding experience.
- To that end, the R3 utilizes a lightweight diamond type steel frame which is narrow and compact with a low 780mm (30.7″) seat height. Despite the cool super sport styling, the R3 offers a comfortable, upright riding position which reduces rider fatigue and increases the fun factor. KEY IMPROVEMENTS FOR 2019
37 mm upside-down (inverted) KYB fork
- Revised fairing and windshield for improved aerodynamics and styling
- Redesigned gas tank for improved looks and rider control
- New front fender
- Twin LED headlights
- Optimized handlebar position
- Full digital LCD instrumentation
- New handlebar switchgear